Wobbel is the practical toy for children of any age. This classic balance board has a design that appeals to modern aesthetic, yet it's still timeless and perfect for any home. Use the Wobbel to stimulate balance and strength through play. Use it to train specific muscle groups or use it for fun... whether you're a child, adult, or a senior citizen.
These boards are made with layers of European beech wood, stacked and pressed under high pressure, resulting in a uniquely designed curve. Lagoon Baby offers natural wool felt backed options, so it's suitable for even newborns. The Wobbel isn't just a toy, though: flip it over so that the curve is up and two ends are on the floor so that your child can use it as a step stool!
Wobbel is also a quiet toy. Not only are there no noisy bells or flashing lights, the Wobbel also includes wool felt to protect the floors and dampen sound.Wobbel Use and Safety:
The standard Wobbel and felt finished version are designed and CE, ASTM and AS/NZ certified for children of 0 months and older, but is also suitable for older children and adults up to 200 kilograms.
The Wobbel is a very mobile toy and, as always with these kinds of toys, parental or adult supervision is required. Especially for children of younger ages. A few guides for using the Wobbel:
A few guides for using the Wobbel:
- Make sure your child always uses the Wobbel under adult supervision;
- Always use a Wobbel on a flat and level surface. Using the Wobbel on a sloped and/or rough surface could result in the Wobbel tipping over and causing injuries.
- Never wear socks or smooth shoes. Bare feet or shoes that aren’t slippery prevent accidents;
- When using the Wobbel in brigde mode (?), don’t walk near the edges, as it can tip over. Teach your children to walk in the middle. For children up to 6 years old, hold their hand in this position.
- Take care with fingers at the edges. Teach your children from the first use to always keep their fingers away of the edges. There is an entrapment hazard of the fingers and hands if they get caught under the Wobbel which could result in injuries;
- Make sure the is at least 2 meters of free space around the Wobbel (including other children). Place the Wobbel on a level surface;
- The materials of the Wobbel are subject to wear. Make sure your child doesn’t stick loose pieces in their mouth, which could result in choking. Remove them when present.
- The Wobbel is not a bed or crib. Do not let your children sleep in the Wobbel.
- Do not jump or stamp on the Wobbel. This can cause unexpected movements and cause injury.
Cleaning and maintenance
- The Wobbel is designed for indoor use. It can be used outdoors, but will wear quicker. Never leave outside, because water and moist will eventually damage the wood, paint, felt and or cork;
- The untreated EKO felt can go pilling. This has no effect on the use. Optionally, you can remove the pilling with a lint clipper or by hand;
- The Wobbel can get damaged by the use on hard and or irregular floors. Especially pay attention with tile flooring. Cork and felt can protect when using it with the convex side up (?). If no cork of felt is on your Wobbel we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath it to protect the Wobbel, your floor and your ears. With the concave side up (?) cork or felt don’t offer protection and we recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath it. Moving or dragging the Wobbel over these kinds of floors with the concave side up (?) the edges could get damaged.
- Don’t store the Wobbel near a heat source like central heating and don’t store it in damp environments like a bathroom or unheated shed or garage.
- Don’t stack multiple Wobbel boards, but store them on their sides
- Users that are or were under the care of a physical therapist for their musculoskeletal system are advised to contact that therapist for proper use of the Wobbel.
It is advised to clean the Wobbel with a damp cloth, combined with a mild detergent if necessary. It’s important to wipe it with a dry cloth after cleaning. Cork and felt are best cleaned in the same way. We had great results with a natural soap. Don’t wet the cork and felt too much because that could result in the detachment of the glue or could deform the cork. Don’t brush the felt too much, because that might damage it.
The Wobbel doesn’t need any special maintenance.